Sunday, August 22, 2004

There is a Higher Throne

We learnt this song at service today. Original music by Kristyn Lennox & lyrics by Keith Getty. Looks like it was inspired by Revelation 7:9-17. You can get free sheet music here.

There is a higher throne
Than all this world has known
Where faithful ones from every tongue
Will one day come
Before the Son we'll stand
Made faultless through the Lamb
Believing hearts find promised grace
Salvation comes

Hear heaven's voices sing
Their thunderous anthem rings
Through emerald courts and sapphire skies
Their praises rise
All glory, wisdom, power
Strength, thanks and honour are
To God our King who reigns on high
For evermore

And there we'll find our home
Our life before the throne
We'll honour Him in perfect song
Where we belong
He'll wipe each tear-stained eye
As thirst and hunger die
The Lamb comes as our Shepherd King
We'll reign with him.

Keith Getty & Kristyn Lennox
Copyright © 2003 Thankyou Music/MCPS



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that song very much!!!
But I still donch know how to sing...
:P~~

4:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey shadow, just found a link to ur site, great site! keep it up! btw, how come u never asked me whether u can put a link to my blog? haha.. thats ok I dont mind, but can I just ask who r u?

Sui

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that song. My friend sang it at our annual conference!

3:50 am  
Blogger A new Breed of Irishmen said...

this song makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up- it has the tingle facter-It makes me want to worship God all the more.

4:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this song always has the "tingle effect" on me and draws me to worship the Lord

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home